- 3-4 medium (8-10 inches) zucchini)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 packet (about 2 Tbsp) onion soup mix
- 1 lb. stew meat
- oil (I use peanut oil but any high-smoke-point oil will do)
- 1 can of Roasted Garlic Cream of Mushroom condensed soup
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms (I used crimini)
Mix the stew meat in a zip-top bag with the onion soup mix and let it marinade in the fridge for 15-30 minutes.
Dice the zucchini into large chunks (this is basically replacing potatoes and carrots in a regular stew, so quartering lengthwise and then cutting into 3/4 inch pieces works well). Quarter the mushrooms as well.
Put a medium stew pot on the stove, add about a tablespoon of oil, and heat it on medium high, then add the stew meat and brown it. Add the mushrooms and let them sauté for a couple of minutes. Then add the minced garlic and sauté for just a minute, then lower the heat to medium-low and add the can of condensed soup. Heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally, then reduce the heat to low, add a lid, and let simmer/braise for about 45 minutes to an hour.